As you may have heard, effective 12:01 on Saturday, April 17, 2021 Ontario Government has issued a Province-wide stay-at-home order. This is in response primarily due to the exponential increase in the number of people being infected by coronavirus. impact of this increase is exceeding hospitals capacity to treat patients in our ICUs which has perpetuated following action.
Below is a link to a complete list of restrictions and rules as it applies to new stay-a-home order.
COVID-19: enhanced public health and workplace safety measures |
Below is a summary of what applies to FBYC:
“Outdoor organized public events and social gatherings must comply with public health advice on physical distancing and have no more than 5 people.”
Permitted services include:
• transportation services provided by air, water, road, and rail, including taxis and other private transportation providers
• support services for transportation services, including:
• logistical support, distribution services, warehousing and storage, truck stops and tow operators, and services that support the operations and safety of transportation systems including maintenance and repairs
• marinas, boating clubs and other organizations that maintain docking facilities (with conditions)
A permitted outdoor recreational amenity may only open if:
• physical distance of at least two metres can be maintained
• team sports, or other sports or games where people may come within two metres of each other, are not practiced or played
• locker rooms, change rooms, showers and clubhouses remain closed (except for access to equipment storage, washrooms or first aid)”
In summary, FBYC is closed to the public so no visitors until further updates from the government; if planned maintenance is required maximum 5 people outdoor keeping 2m apart, indoors for emergencies only; clubhouse is closed except for washroom and first aid; members can access the club grounds only to access their boats and related equipment. We must always wear masks on the club grounds and docks. Keep 2m apart unless you are in the same household or when health and safety may be compromised. Practice all other COVID-related protocols like frequent hand washing, use hand sanitizers frequently and stay at home if unwell.
I know this may be confusing but please be patient, follow the rules and we will have a good sailing season. If you require specific instructions or directions, please do not hesitate in contacting me.
Let us continue to be safe, stay healthy, and always try to have fun.